Monday 15 October 2007

Tom's evidence that New Zealand exists

Let's use a bit of logic:

Occam's razor says that the simplest answer is most likely to be correct and chaos theory says that through time the universe will simplify it's self. Therefore somewhere in either the 4th dimension or in meme-space every variation of the notion New Zealand must exist (also bare in mind that an infinite universe every given event is infinitely likely, the universe is by far the most logical (point 1a: a infintite universe is by far the most logical (simple) option. Point 2: how could you define the edge of the universe)).

Therefore New Zealand's existance is infinitely likely.

If you don't buy memeplex theory, a meme is an element of social informatiojn (the social equivalent of a gene). When a large number of meme's combine to describe an object or an idea (eg. New Zealand) they combine to make a memeplex.

Given that theory, even if there is not a physical body of land called New Zealand that we think exists, there must be a "New Zealand" memeplex.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

To prover that New Zealand Dose exist, you would have to get N.Z itself to think it dose, this is not possible as N.Z is a inanimate object there for it can't think or talk for its self.

Simon
7SH

Anonymous said...

i don't know and i don't care. if i had to say you would only be able to prove it if n.z itself said whether it was real (and it can't)or if sombody living in n.z since it was either "invented", or first started as a country could tell you. as far asi know there is no-one who coulld do that.

Anonymous said...

According to the summary at the top of your blog, a prize of £1,000,000,000,000 is being given to you if you can prove New Zealand doesn't exist, however the contrasting prize for a student proving it does exist is a super merit. According to this logic each super merit is worth £1,000,000,000,000. If this is true I will be demanding £12,000,000,000,000 in exchange for those super merits back.

Also New Zealand does exist.

Millie said...

Well actually I am from New Zealand and it does, in fact, exist. Thats really offensive If you have ever watched the rugby world cup we won that last year and if you have ever watched the olympic rowing we won a lot of medals in that too.

Unknown said...

Hi there, I know that this thread has probably gone cold, but I just stumbled across it and it poses quite a good question.
Does New Zealand exist, and if it does, can you prove that it exists?
I am sitting in "New Zealand" right now, but how do I know that I'm in New Zealand? The fact of the matter is, I don't. All my life I've been told that that's where I am, so I believe the greater conciousness that this is, in fact, New Zealand. But it may not be. I have never found this place on my own accord, nor have I ever seen with my own two eyes, an aerial shot of the country. So I guess I can't prove that it exists and that I'm on it right now.

Unknown said...

Hi there, I know that this thread has probably gone cold, but I just stumbled across it and it poses quite a good question.
Does New Zealand exist, and if it does, can you prove that it exists?
I am sitting in "New Zealand" right now, but how do I know that I'm in New Zealand? The fact of the matter is, I don't. All my life I've been told that that's where I am, so I believe the greater conciousness that this is, in fact, New Zealand. But it may not be. I have never found this place on my own accord, nor have I ever seen with my own two eyes, an aerial shot of the country. So I guess I can't prove that it exists and that I'm on it right now.